GNM ADMISSION IN BANGALORE
The examinations are held at the state level and some institute offers seats on merit for GNM Admission in Bangalore.
GNM Nursing stands for General Nursing Midwifery (GNM), Which is a diploma programme.
GNM Nursing is a three-and-a-half-year diploma programme that includes a six-month internship.
It is the diploma course that can be pursued after class 12 with any stream taken in the qualifying exam.
Admission to the GNM Nursing diploma programme is facilitated through entrance tests but a few colleges gives direct GNM admission.
The admission exam is based on the subjects chosen by the candidate in the 12th grade.
The GNM is a three-year diploma course in Nursing with six months of a mandatory internship.
After completing the GNM nursing diploma, the candidate is eligible to pursue BSc Nursing.
GNM Nursing Eligibility
The Indian Nursing Council (INC) has set standard eligibility criteria for the GNM Nursing diploma course.
The eligibility criteria are uniform across the states but the allotment of seats is carried out on the basis of the reservation rules.
Below is the eligibility criteria laid by the INC:
- The aspirant should pass class 12 with minimum of 40 per cent in aggregate in the qualifying examination
- After finishing Class 12 with Science, Arts, or Commerce streams.
- English subject is must and minimum 40 marks in English separately.
- However, aspirants with a Science stream will be given preference
- The aspirant must have passed class 12 with English securing 40 per cent in aggregate.
NURSING COLLEGES BANGALORE
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College
- AVK Nursing College
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital
- The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre
- Akash Medical College and Hospitals
- East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Spurhty College of Nursing
- East West College of Nursing
- Faith College of Nursing
- ST. Mary’s College of Nursing