NEET 2021 Syllabus Reduction: For Direct MBBS Admission.
As the syllabus of Class 11 and Class 12 board exams for mbbs admission had been reduced, a reduction in NEET 2021 syllabus is unavoidable. Let’s see which chapters are going to be reduced and changed.
NEET 2021 syllabus for MBBS Admission 2021
NEET 2021 syllabus for MBBS Admission is mainly dependent on the reduction in topics of Class 11 and Class 12.
Looking into the COVID-19 situation in India, As all the schools are conducting classes and test online, However, online education is not totally same as classroom studies.
With difficulties faced by the school teachers in completing the syllabus online and conducting tests for the students, So authorities were requested to reduce the syllabus for these classes.
On July 7, 2020 the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced a reduction in the syllabus for Class 11 and Class 12 by 30-40 percentage.
It has been announced on January 18, 2021 that the NEET 2021 for mbbs admission will be conducted on the bases of syllabus reduced by CBSE,
But on January 19, 2021 the Education Minister clarified by saying syllabus was cut by 30 percent due to COVID-19, therefore in the upcoming NEET 2021 exam for mbbs admission, the candidates will have more options to answer the questions.
With this candidates preparing for NEET UG 2021 for admission in MBBS and BDS are eager to know whether the syllabus for this entrance test will be reduced OR not.
NEET syllabus 2021 is also expected to be revised, So In this article we have prepared a list of the topics which have been excluded from the syllabus of the Board examinations.
Students preparing for NEET UG 2021 for mbbs admission can leave these topics for now until a revised NEET UG 2021 syllabus is announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
NEET 2021 Syllabus for Physics
The topics that can be removed from the NEET syllabus 2021 for Physics have been listed below:
- Physical World.
- Motion in a straight line.
- Laws of Motion.
- System of Particles and Rotational Motion.
- Mechanical Properties of Solids.
- Thermal properties of matters.
- Electric charges and fields.
- Current Electricity.
- Moving Charges and Magnetism.
- Magnetism and Matter.
- Alternating Current.
- Electromagnetic Waves.
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments.
- Dual Nature of radiation and matter.
- Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices and Simple Circuits.
NEET 2021 Syllabus for Biology
NCERT books hold great importance in NEET UG preparation for the Biology section, So reduction in syllabus doesn’t mean entire topic is removed.
Topics that can be removed from the syllabus of NEET 2021
Unit 1: Diversity of Living Organisms
- The Living World : Taxonomy and systematics
- Plant Kingdom
Unit II Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Structural Organization in Animals
Unit IV Plant Physiology
- Transport in Plants
- Mineral Nutrition
- Plant – Growth and Development
Unit V Human Physiology
- Digestion and Absorption
- Locomotion and Movement
- Neural Control and CoordinationReflex action; sensory perception; sense organs; elementary structure and functions of eye and ear
Unit VI Reproduction
- Reproduction in Organism
Unit VII Genetics and Evolution
Unit VIII Biology and Human Welfare
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
Animal husbandry, Plant breeding, tissue culture, single cell protein
Unit X Ecology and Environment
- Environmental Issues
NEET 2021 MBBS Admission Syllabus for Chemistry
The topics that have been deleted from the curriculum of Class 12 board exam for Direct MBBS Admission from Chemistry syllabus have been listed below.
Topics that can be removed from the syllabus of NEET 2021
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry:
- Nature of matter
- Laws of chemical combination
- Dalton’s atomic theory: concept of elements, atoms and molecules.
- Structure of Atom:
- Discovery of Electron, Proton and Neutron, atomic number, isotopes and isobars.
- Thomson’s model and its limitations.
- Rutherford’s model and its limitations.
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties:
- Significance of classification, brief history of the development of periodic table.
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter, Gases and Liquids:
- Liquefaction of gases, critical temperature, kinetic energy and molecular speeds.
- Liquid State- vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations).
- Chemical Thermodynamics:
- Heat capacity and specific heat capacity.
- Criteria for equilibrium.
- Hydrolysis of salts (elementary idea).
- Henderson Equation
- Redox Reactions:
- Applications of redox reactions
- Preparation, properties and uses of hydrogen, hydrogen peroxide preparation, reactions and structure and use.
- S-Block Elements:
- Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydrogen carbonate.
- Biological importance of Sodium and Potassium.
- Calcium Oxide and Calcium Carbonate and their industrial uses & biological importance of Magnesium and Calcium.
- P–Block Elements:
- Some important compound (Borax, Boric acid, Boron Hydrides, Aluminium) reactions with acids and alkalies, uses.
- Carbon: uses of some important compounds: oxides. Important compounds of Silicon and a few uses (Silicon Tetrachloride, Silicones, Silicates and Zeolites) their uses.
- Organic Chemistry (Some basic Principles and Techniques):
- Methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion and pyrolysis.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State:
- Electrical and magnetic properties.
- Band theory of metals, conductors, semiconductors and insulators and n and p type semi-conductors
- Abnormal molecular mass.
- Van’t Hoff factor
- Lead accumulator, fuel cells, corrosion, law of electrolysis (elementary idea), dry cell- electrolytic cells and Galvanic cells
- Chemical Kinetics:
- Concept of collision theory (elementary idea, no mathematical treatment), activation energy, Arrhenius equation
- Surface Chemistry:
- Emulsion – types of emulsions.
- Catalysis – homogenous and heterogeneous, activity and selectivity of solid catalysts.
- Enzyme catalysis.
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Entire unit.
- p-Block Elements:
- Preparation and properties of Phosphine, Sulphuric Acid.
- Industrial process of manufacture.
- Oxides of Nitrogen (Structure only).
- Phosphorus – allotropic forms, compounds of Phosphorus.
- Preparation and properties of Halides and Oxo acids (elementary idea only)
- d and f Block Elements:
- Chemical reactivity of lanthanoids, Actinoids –Electronic configuration, oxidation states and comparison with lanthanoids. Preparation and properties of KMnO4 and K2Cr2O7.
- Coordination Compounds:
- Structure and stereoisomerism, importance of coordination compounds (in qualitative analysis, extraction of metals and biological system).
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes:
- Uses and environmental effects of -dichloromethane, trichloromethane, tetrachloromethane, iodoform, freons and DDT.
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers:
- Uses with special reference to methanol and ethanol.
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acid
- Amines Diazonium salts:
- Preparation, chemical reactions and importance in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Oligosaccharides (sucrose, lactose, maltose), polysaccharides (starch, cellulose, glycogen), importance of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin, their classification and functions.
- Enzymes, Hormones, elementary idea excluding structure.
- Chemistry in everyday life
“Candidates must not omit these chapters, as a few of them have a decent weightage in NEET for the past few years AND sybllaus reduction is only applicable to students appearing for NEET UG 2021 batch.”