Direct Admission in MS Orthopedics
Lets know more about MS Orthopedics Admission.
MS Orthopedics is a surgical branch postgraduate medical specialization concerned with the musculoskeletal system’s conditions. This program teaches the use of non-surgical and surgical means to treat musculoskeletal trauma, congenital disorders, tumors, sports injuries, infections, and other degenerative diseases. In addition to surgery, they use medical, physical, and rehabilitative methods to treat patients, using a variety of surgical techniques such as lasers to remove torn cartilage, and arthroscopic surgery to treat damaged joints.
Master of Surgery in Orthopedics is a 3-year medical surgery postgraduate program offered by MCI-recognized medical universities/institutes. As part of this medical program, the orthopedic surgeons are licensed to practice and perform orthopedic surgery.
Applicants with an MBBS degree from a recognized institution who have been permanently registered with the Medical Council of India or any other State Medical Council are eligible for this course.
This course is designed to provide advanced learning for eligible candidates in the systematic evaluation and management of surgical patients in the clinical settings of choice, urgency and emergency.
MS Orthopedics Course Duration
Master of surgery in Orthopedics is a 3 years Post Graduation Course which includes clinical training along with theoretical studies.
MS Orthopedics Eligibility
Applicant must have completed an MBBS degree along with a 1-year rotational internship from MCI recognized medical university/institute, however a student who is continuing with the internship can also participate in NEET-PG Medical Entrance examination but the internship should be completed before the commencement of the academic year.
MS Orthopedics Admission process
The applicant looking for admission in MS Orthopedics has to appear for the NEET PG Medical exam which is conducted by NBE in January every year. The student/aspirants have to qualify the NEET-PG exam with the required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST, and OBC. Orthopedics course has a very high demand among the PG aspirants so the competition is very high for this course to get admission in MS Orthopedics the aspirants have to perform well in NEET-PG, the cutoff for MS Orthopedics is very high for government medical college and top private medical college. However, the students with average NEET-PG score also get admission in this course but they have to spend a lot in terms of annual tuition fees and they will get admission in average private medical colleges, MS Orthopedics seats in India is available under various quota in Medical colleges like All India Quota seats, Management quota seats, Institutional quota seats and NRI quota seats, etc. which students can choose during NEET-PG Counselling.
MS Orthopedics seats in government colleges
There are a total of 137 Government Medical Colleges in India which offers MS Orthopedics course, the Master of Surgery Orthopedics seats in government Medical colleges is approximately 1021 in different states of the country out of there are 7 Government medical colleges having 56 MS Orthopedics seats in Karnataka.
MS Orthopedics seats in Private colleges
There are a total of 153 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MS Orthopedics course, the private medical colleges have a total of 871 Orthopedics seats in different states of the country out of which there are 33 Private medical colleges in Karnataka having 226 MS Orthopedics seats. So there are higher chances of getting admission in MS Orthopedics in medical colleges of Karnataka, medical colleges in Karnataka have got the highest number of MS Orthopedics.
Salary of MS Orthopedics
The average pay for Orthopedic surgeon is about 2 lakh to 4 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience medical profession. Orthopedics is one of the highest paying medical specialties in the medical profession. An Orthopedic Surgeon gets a handsome salary with years of experience, the salary increases up to Rs.15 Lakh to Rs.20 Lakh per year. They open their own orthopedic center to earn even more.
M.S Orthopedics is a 3-year course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have completed M.B.B.S with a minimum of 50% score. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their higher education exams for the Admission. The Orthopedics course is completely based on the utilization of drugs. The candidates have to be good at caring for the patient, education, research, and faculty development. The fees charged for this course is between INR 2 to 5 Lakhs for 3 years. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges and universities and hospitals, in India and abroad.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore