MS Ophthalmology Admission
Lets know more about MS Ophthalmology Admission.
MS Ophthalmology is a specialization of Medicine and surgery dedicated to diagnosis and treatment of the eye-related disorder. It is also called as MD in Ophthalmology in India. It is a three-year postgraduate program dedicated to providing the fundamentals of ophthalmology with strong scientific expertise. MS Ophthalmology involves an advanced study of the eye’s anatomy, physiology and diseases. The ophthalmology course contains core clinical training and elements including Orbital and Ocular Anatomy, Histology, Ocular Physiology, Ocular Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology. It is critical that aspirants acquire knowledge about research methodology during the course, including record-keeping, to perform effective research inquiry with proper analysis and report writing.
The program’s purpose is to create professionals who would provide patients with high-quality eye care and advance the science cause through research and training. The lucrative employment opportunities for Ophthalmologist professionals are in sectors such as government and private hospitals, NGOs, missionary hospitals in India and abroad. Applicants with an MBBS degree from a recognized institute who have permanently registered with India’s Medical Council or any other State Medical Council are eligible for this course.
MS OPHTHALMOLOGY COURSE DURATION ELIGIBILITY
MD/MS Ophthalmology is a 3 years Post Graduation Course which includes clinical training and theoretical studies .To apply for this course an applicant must have MCI or State Medical Council registered MBBS degree along with 1 year rotational internship, The students who is continuing with the internship can also participate but the internship should be complete before the commencement of the academic year i.e.31st march.
MS OPHTHALMOLOGY SEATS IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
The total of 128 Government Medical colleges in India which are offering MS Ophthalmology course, the Post-Graduation MD/MS Ophthalmology seats in government medical colleges is approximately 936 in different states of the country out of which there are 8 Government Medical colleges having 56 MS ophthalmology seats in Karnataka state.
OPHTHALMOLOGY SEATS IN PRIVATE COLLEGES
There are a total of 146 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MS Ophthalmology course,the private colleges have a total of 509 Post Graduation Ophthalmology seats in different states of the country out which there are 31 Private Medical Colleges having 129 MS Ophthalmology, that increases the chances of getting admission in MS Ophthalmology in medical colleges of Karnataka.
Salary of Ophthalmologist
The minimum salary package of an Ophthalmologist is around 2 lakh to 5 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience in the medical profession . Some Ophthalmologists even earn a higer amount by opening there own private clinics also. Ophthalmologists are highly in demand for both government and private hospitals. There is a huge demand of Indian Ophthalmologists in various countries like Australia, USA, UK and Gulf Countries. They can work as a consultant, public health specialist, junior research scientist, professors etc.
M.S. Ophthalmologist is a 3-year course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have completed M.B.B.S with a minimum of 50% score. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their PG Medical exams for the Admission in Ophthalmology. The Ophthalmology course is completely based on the clinical training and research of Eye care. The candidates have to be good in caring for the patient, research and faculty development. The fees charged for this course is between INR 10 to 25 Lakhs per annum for private medical colleges. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges and universities and hospitals, in India and abroad. In India, the average salary of an ophthalmologist is around Rs.9 lakh per year. The more experience gained the better one can earn.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges.
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore